Brain tumors are one of the most challenging forms of cancer to treat, drastically affecting not only the patient but their loved ones as well. Choosing the right treatment center can make all the difference when battling brain tumors and drastically impact your experience. This is why it’s important to pick a clinic that not only has the best doctors and researchers in the field but also offers unparalleled patient care, research, and education.
Established in 1937, The Preston Robert Tisch Brain Tumor Center at Duke University was one of the first brain tumor research and clinical programs in the United States and has been at the forefront of the fight against brain tumors ever since. Being one of the best institutes in their field, Duke is the best clinic for treating brain tumors.
What Is The Preston Robert Tisch Brain Tumor Center?
With more than 250 full-time employees devoted exclusively to neuro-oncology and a team of world-renowned physicians and researchers, Duke is a leading clinic for brain tumor treatment. With a clear mission to empower brain tumor patients by providing exceptional care, research, and education, the Preston Robert Tisch Brain Tumor Center is more than a clinic, it's a symbol of hope.
Being one of the most well-funded brain tumor research programs in the world, Duke is highly committed to finding a cure, developing cutting-edge brain tumor research, and exploring new treatments and targeted therapy while improving existing ones. Because of this, Duke University has been one of the top destinations for patients seeking the most advanced brain cancer treatments for 85 years.
In addition to its research capabilities, Duke also provides exceptional patient care with distinguished clinical care services and treatment plans. With a focus on the quality of life and supportive care, patients and their families are provided with the resources and support they need to navigate their treatment journey.
The clinic’s physicians, nurses, researchers, and staff are all united by a common goal, to care for patients, improve their quality of life, and ultimately find a cure for brain tumors. This dedication and passion for the cause are what set Duke apart and make it the premier choice for those seeking the best possible care and treatment.
What Makes Duke’s Brain Tumor Clinic The Best?
- Top pediatric neuro-oncology doctors
- Top neuro-oncology doctors & practitioners
- One of the first brain tumor research and clinical programs in the United States (Established in 1937)
- We see the highest number of new adult brain tumor patients and pediatric brain tumor patients each year
- Well-rounded clinic including treatment, research, education, and training
- Conducts basic & translational research, clinical research, and supportive care research
- More than 250 full-time employees devoted exclusively to neuro-oncology
- Annually awarded approximately $14.4 million (direct costs) in grant and contract support
- The Center has three neuro-oncology program faculty members who are among the top 20 most cited authors worldwide on “glioblastoma.” ( Darrell Bigner, Henry Friedman, and Roger McLendon)
- Provides more cutting-edge research, attends to more brain tumor patients, has the most experience with different types of brain tumors, and provides more innovative treatments than most other if not all other centers worldwide
- Every employee shares the collective goal of caring for patients and their families, improving their patient’s quality of life, and ultimately finding a cure for brain tumors
- Duke has FDA-approved clinical trials that are only available at Duke. No other hospital or center is allowed to provide these treatments to patients
Discover The Best Treatment Options Today
If you are considering undergoing treatment for brain cancer, head over to our website where you can request an appointment with one of our leading physicians. With a rich history, commitment to research, exceptional patient care, and a passion for finding a cure, Duke provides hope and empowerment to anyone facing a brain tumor diagnosis.
Interested in joining the team of world-leading Neuro-Oncology doctors and practitioners? Visit our education & training page to learn more. You can also support the clinic by donating funds that will go directly to patient care, research, education, and treatment for brain tumors. Passionately leading the pursuit to conquer brain cancer, we hope to be a beacon of hope to all those fighting this ongoing battle.